Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vegas Jackpot Garden

My daughter and I have been working on our garden. It's in Las Vegas - which means nothing but dirt, neon and money grow well here. In any case, we've managed to get a few plants off the ground and some are even thriving - especially artichokes.

I am also working on reducing the amount of water the garden consumes. I replaced the old sprayers with a new drip system. Most of the plants however are not water efficient, but with the new irrigation system the daily consumption is less than a typical shower.

Here are some pictures .. took these with the Pentax before I have to send it in for repairs on Tuesday.

Baby Beefy Tomatoes
The Choke Gang

Before the winds

Baby Bell

Daughter planted this flower

And this one.

Got this off Ebay - don't know what it is

The tiger is out!
We also have a great herb garden - with cilantro, sage, oregano, thyme. There's basil, but for some reason I can never get it to grow.

Copyright 2011 Kmuzu / Cram - All rights reserved. All photographs are the property of Kmuzu / Cram. No reproduction, modification or publication without my prior written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep everything PG or under or else I'll sick Elvis on you.