Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weed Card

As I've written before I have MS and can qualify for medical marijuana in Nevada. And no, I do not have a "weed card" - for three reasons:
  1. It's still a federal crime and the DEA will bust you even though you have a state-approved license.
  2. There are no good medical studies yet that prove any concrete benefits to using pot for MS.
  3. In Nevada, you have grow and harvest your own marijuana and I just don't want to go through the hassle. Also I have a child and I don't want to expose her to the whole process.
Don't get me wrong - there's nothing inherently evil in pot. It's a drug and like all other drugs (including alcohol and tobacco) it can be abused. And like all other drugs it is a toxin. But the toxic and behavioral affects of pot, compared to legal drugs like caffeine, tobacco and alcohol are far less.

Such is the bizzzaro-world of American drug enforcement. By the way, I don't drink or smoke either.

All of that above to show this very funny video I found on G4 sung by the girls Garfunkel & Oates.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep everything PG or under or else I'll sick Elvis on you.