Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Personal Rat Fink

I've always been a fan of psychedelic / counterculture artwork of the 70's - especially guys like R. Crumb and Robert Williams.

I recently came across a photograph, that I must have taken a long time ago of a Rat Fink chopper. And I decided to do a bleeding ink illustration of the motorcycle.

I never imagined how time consuming and mind pounding the project would be. So, here is what I have so far. I am really happy with how the chrome came out .. but I kind of screwed up the right arm .. you can see a dark bleed .. I can probably fix this is Photoshop. I should have done  this while porting the picture .. but too tire and I want to go to bed.

Copyright 2011 Cram - based on photograph.
Original Rat Fink concept by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth.
Good night ...

Rat Fink is the original creation is by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth 

Finished a rough draft of the entire bike.

Copyright 2011 Cram    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep everything PG or under or else I'll sick Elvis on you.