Sunday, March 20, 2011

The E in me

I don't know why I'm attracted to Elvis. I only like a few of his songs and couple of his movies. He was very Republican, which is really not my cup-of-tea. I think I'm attracted to the persona of Elvis. I mean forget Uncle Sam, Elvis is truly the personification of America. There ain't nothing on this earth that ever was or ever will be like Elvis and same can be said for America. We are the eternal optimist. We believe in the goodness of people. We grab life with both hands - double-fisted. Knock us down and we get right back up. We stand out and apologize for nothing.

Okay - so we're also obese and shiv oil up our veins worse than a Tallahassee whore hooked on Mexican Mud. And we are too conservative and paranoid for our own good and Americans have a uneasy, weird attraction to guns. So be it .. we need to improve and maybe get some counseling. I will grant you that.

I see all this hand-wringing about China taking over the world. And I give credit where credit is due. China has been around for more than five thousand years. They were sailing mighty ships across the ocean, while Europe was just trying to get one ragged cloth to catch the wind. Okay - fair enough ..but still ain't got nothing on Elvis baby.

What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but what happens in America storms across the world.

This is my favorite Elvis song - A Little Less Conversation. Maybe that's what America needs right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep everything PG or under or else I'll sick Elvis on you.