Monday, August 9, 2010

Elvis on the hunt

Elvis - the Indonesian Dumpy Tree Frog goes out on his first hunt. I setup the cage .. got the water bowl, fake plants and (of course) the ceramic pirate skull all in place. The humidity levels were perfect .. temp was okay .. put Elvis in his new home and nothing .. He just kind of crawled behind the skull and hid there. So, I thought I would give it a day to let Elvis get used to his digs.

This morning I went to Petco and purchased some crickets - hoping that maybe he would be hungry a little later on. I purchased about twenty and decided to put the whole bunch in the cage - Where else was I going to store crickets? I thought it might take Elvis some time to notice the crickets and then to be hungry enough to eat one.

That was not the case. As soon as the crickets hit the moss - this big frog eyeball pops up above the skull. I barely had time to get the video camera situated before Elvis was on full hunt. It was a little spooky to see this frog that hardly move a bit .. start aggressively stalking these poor crickets.

All I can say is that I'm glad Elvis is like two inches .. any bigger and he'd be dangerous to humans. I present the following video for your viewing pleasure.

(It happens real quick .. so you might want to play again)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep everything PG or under or else I'll sick Elvis on you.